Able to crumble? Forward, we’re sharing a scrumptious high-protein caramel apple crumble recipe that includes Kodiak’s Cinnamon Oat Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix that’s full of protein and fiber, and most significantly, is dietitian-approved.
Excessive-protein caramel apple crumble recipe
Yields 6-8 servings
4 massive Granny Smith apples
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tsp floor cinnamon
1 cup bottled caramel sauce (can use home made, as effectively)
1 cup Kodiak Cinnamon Oat Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
4 Tbsp salted butter, chilly, lower into cubes
1⁄4 cup water
Vanilla ice cream, to prime
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Peel and core the apples. Slice them into one-half-inch thick wedges.
3. Place the sliced apples in a mixing bowl and sprinkle the cornstarch and cinnamon excessive. Toss to coat the apples evenly.
4. Place the apples in a nine-inch spherical or sq. baking dish. Drizzle the caramel sauce evenly over the apples.
5. Place the Kodiak combine in a mixing bowl. Reduce the butter into the combo with a fork or pastry cutter till the butter is the dimensions of small peas.
6. Combine the water into the combination with a fork till the combination turns into clumpy.
7. Sprinkle the oatcakes combination excessive of the apples evenly.
8. Cowl the dish with tin foil and bake within the preheated oven for half-hour. After half-hour, take away the tin foil and proceed to bake for an extra quarter-hour, or till the crumble is golden brown and the caramel sauce is effervescent.
9. Take away from the oven and serve heat with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
So… Is that this a wholesome breakfast?
Registered dietitians advocate ensuring your morning meal contains fiber and protein. “I like to recommend between 21 to 35 grams of protein at breakfast—and every meal—from each animal and plant sources which can be low in saturated fat, and 5 to fifteen grams of fiber from complete meals sources,” registered dietitian Amy Shapiro, MS, RD, CDN, beforehand shared with Properly+Good.
One in every of our all-time favourite methods to spice up the vitamin of a easy breakfast unfold—or any meal for that matter—is by together with nutrient-dense breakfast merchandise within the combine (actually). As Shapiro talked about, getting ample quantities of fiber and protein supersedes simply breakfast time; with 30 grams of protein and six grams of fiber being the RD-recommended benchmark per meal. Luckily, Kodiak’s protein-and fiber-rich flapjack and waffle combine might help with that. The truth is, there’s 14 grams of protein, and as much as 18 grams of protein in case you use milk (and 21 grams in case you add milk and eggs), plus 4 grams of fiber per serving of this product.
@kodiakcakesFull recipe in our bio 🍂♬ original sound – gilmoregirlstok
In response to sports activities registered dietitian and founding father of Eleat Sports Nutrition, Angie Asche, MS, RD, CSSD, there’s extra that this breakfast has to supply. “In comparison with refined flours [found in other baked good recipes], the entire grains on this combine comprise extra fiber and likewise present important nutritional vitamins and minerals,” Asche says. “These important nutritional vitamins and minerals play a number of totally different roles in your physique. For instance, B nutritional vitamins are important for power manufacturing and metabolism, vitamin E is a strong antioxidant, and magnesium performs a job in bone well being and muscle perform, amongst many different features,” she explains. Plus, the entire grains on this pancake and waffle combine additionally helps with stabilizing power ranges.
A candy snack with a fair more healthy twist, anybody? This definitely isn’t your odd apple crumble recipe: it’s full of protein and nutrient-dense substances to assist get you thru the day. Who’s able to dig in?
This vegan graham cracker apple tarte is what *candy* goals are product of:
Our editors independently choose these merchandise. Making a purchase order by our hyperlinks might earn Properly+Good a fee.