What makes these Chocolate Brownie Bars wholesome?
- I used Cacao powder, the uncooked, unrefined cacao bean in powdered type, to offer these their chocolatey taste. Cacao is a wealthy supply of antioxidants, magnesium, and fiber and average quantities of caffeine (1). Make sure you learn the meals labels while you’re on the lookout for cacao, the purpose is to search out it uncooked and natural to reap the good thing about the entire crops vitamins; so search for issues like “chilly pressed” and “milled at low temperatures,” in addition to the USDA Natural label.
- I additionally added protein since brownies are usually excessive in sugar and have little to no protein in them. This recipe has protein powder and egg whites, making it extra balanced and satisfying. Protein is much more satisfying than fats or carbs, so I like to incorporate it in baked items to steadiness their nutrient profile. This is the protein powder I used.
- As a substitute of utilizing vegetable oil for this recipe, I used coconut oil which is a healthier source of fat. Fats could be very satisfying and can assist you hold from overeating. It slows down the absorption charge of sugar into your bloodstream, providing you with longer lasting power and protecting your blood sugar steady.
What are you ready for? Let’s get baking!
Chocolate Protein Brownie Bars
Yield: 9 servings
You have to: measuring cups and spoons, 8×8” sq. pan, spatula, meals processor or blender
Key: T=Tablespoon; tsp=teaspoon
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 4 servings (128 g) I Chocolate Protein powder or (120 g) I Vanilla Protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup take pleasure in life mini chocolate chips, plus 1 T for topping (optionally available)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix beans, cacao powder, protein powder, salt, egg whites, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and baking powder in a meals processor, and mix till easy.
- Stir within the chocolate chips.
- Switch batter onto a greased 8×8” sq. pan. Sprinkle the optionally available further chocolate chips on high earlier than baking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate in a single day for agency bars. Retailer in fridge.
Can’t wait to listen to should you make these and what you assume!
Love dessert as a lot as I do?
You’ll for certain need to take a look at my 30-Day Challenge Meal Plan! Not solely is it chock stuffed with time-saving consuming secrets and techniques, it comes with FOUR FREE BONUS COOKBOOKS, together with one devoted completely to wholesome, nutritious, scrumptious desserts similar to this one!
Get your 30-Day Challenge Meal Plan TODAY!
- Andújar, I et al. “Cocoa polyphenols and their potential advantages for human well being.” Oxidative drugs and mobile longevity. 2012. Net.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3488419/
The publish Chocolate Protein Brownie Bars appeared first on The Betty Rocker.
Leave a Reply