I intention to refuel with a mixture of carbs and protein inside 30-60 minutes of operating. However after a HOT summer season run I normally crave lighter meals like fruits and veggies. So, I’ve created the Final Salad piled excessive with carbohydrates from roasted potatoes, protein from hen and a mixture of different veggies.
I intention for a 3:1 carbs to protein ratio after operating (*3 grams of carbohydrates for each 1 gram of protein). This recipe satisfies my cravings AND hits that mixture vital for restoration.
Potatoes are the MVP of this recipe as a result of they’re a top quality carbohydrate. Plus they’ve Vitamin C, potassium and fiber. And so they’re scrumptious (which isn’t technically a nutrient reality – however vital!).
Potatoes are gluten free, fats free, sodium free and vegan. And you probably have another particular dietary preferences or wants – be at liberty to change up the opposite substances on this salad to give you the results you want.
I’m coaching for a half marathon proper now and generally my starvation fluctuates relying on my operating. I’ve observed after tempo runs and longer runs – I can get HANGRY. So, I meal prepped a BIG salad and divided it into glass containers for simple seize & go lunches.
- 24 oz. Potatoes [I used bite sized red potatoes, but any will work. Just chop to bite size.]
- 2 Tb Olive oil
- 1 Tb Garlic powder
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Grilled Hen (optionally available)
- Romaine lettuce
- Salad greens – Onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, apple, cranberries, candied pecans (washed)
- Preheat oven to 425 levels.
- Lower the potatoes into chunk sized items. I had chunk sized potatoes and lower them in half, however might’ve left them as is.
- Season potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chile powder, rosemary. Combine nicely.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for 25-Half-hour or till completed.
- Whereas potatoes prepare dinner – Chop greens and collect different salad substances.
- Construct salad and prime along with your favourite dressing.
TIP: I blended all of it collectively and portioned it out earlier than placing on the dressing. So it’s able to go for tomorrow’s lunch. Meal prep ftw.
For extra potato recipes, details & inspiration, take a look at the Potato Goodness website here.
@potatoesfuelperformance #potatoesfuelperformance #potatoes #sponsored #RunEatRepeat
This submit is in partnership with Potato Goodness. All opinions are that of the creator of this weblog.
Maintain Going with these recipes: