This Candy Potato Breakfast Hash is a nourishing meal that’s simple to make and stuffed with nutritious substances to gasoline your physique. It has all the things you might want to begin your time without work with nice power for no matter you may have deliberate, and it makes a wonderful brunch or dinner possibility, too!
Typically being constant with wholesome consuming can really feel like an actual problem. Whether or not it’s lack of inspiration or lack of time that’s the difficulty, this recipe will get you excited to make it, and eat it! You possibly can even prep the veggies forward of time and simply add the eggs within the morning, making it handy and straightforward.
In search of extra enjoyable and straightforward recipe concepts? You possibly can at all times save time and benefit from the comfort of getting all the things all mapped out for you with one of my done for you meal plans.
For this recipe, I used candy potatoes as the bottom since they’re a fiber-rich carbohydrate (what we name a “advanced carbohydrate”), which digest extra slowly, serving to you’re feeling full longer and keep away from cravings (1). Candy potatoes are additionally an important supply of Vitamin C and beta-carotene (2), which has been proven to enhance the looks of your pores and skin, hold your immune system robust and promote good eye well being (3).
Eggs are an entire protein supply (the 9 important amino acids your physique can’t make by itself) and are extremely bioavailable – that means the protein is effectively metabolized, absorbed and utilized by your physique. The egg yolk comprises ALL the nutritional vitamins, apart from Vitamin C (4) which you’re getting in abundance from the candy potatoes, so your bases are lined!
Including darkish, leafy greens ensures your physique will get one other nice fiber supply and a wide range of micronutrients, like carotenoids, (that are highly effective antioxidants which have been proven to assist scale back the danger of ailments like most cancers) (5), whereas additionally selling cardiovascular well being and supporting your immune system (6).
All of those wholesome substances come collectively to create a really wonderful fast and straightforward one-pan meal that’s excellent anytime of the day! Take pleasure in!
Candy Potato Breakfast Hash
Yield: 2 servings
You’ll need: giant skillet with lid, spatula, measuring cups and spoons, slicing board and knife
Key: T = Tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup pink bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups candy potato, peeled and diced into 1/2 “ cubes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup darkish leafy greens (spinach, kale, chard, and so forth.)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 T inexperienced onions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth and coat it with oil.
- Add the diced onions and peppers to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss within the candy potatoes and season with cumin, garlic powder and paprika.
- Cowl and cook dinner for 10-Quarter-hour, stirring sometimes.
- Take away the lid and add the kale. Cook dinner for 2-3 minutes, stirring steadily, till kale has wilted.
- Utilizing a spatula, make 4 holes within the hash, and crack an egg into every gap. Cowl and cook dinner the eggs to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper, and prime with chopped inexperienced onions and sliced avocado.
Let me know in case you make this recipe and the way you favored it – I like listening to from you!
In search of extra wholesome recipe choices?
The 30 Day Challenge Meal Plan contains all of the recipes and grocery lists for breakfasts, smoothies, sides, snacks and entrees for 4 full weeks – with loads of scrumptious choices and construction that will help you eat proper for YOUR life!
Check out everything included in the 30 Day Challenge Meal Plan right here, and let me make your life easier!
- Mei, Xin et al. “Composition and physicochemical properties of dietary fiber extracted from residues of 10 sorts of candy potato by a sieving methodology.” Journal of Agricultural and Meals Chemistry. June 2010. Internet. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20509611/
- Rautenbach, Fanie et al. “Antioxidant capability and antioxidant content material in roots of 4 candy potato varieties.” Journal of Meals Science. June 2010. Internet. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20629859/
- Wu, Juan et al. “Intakes of Lutein, Zeaxanthin, and Different Carotenoids and Age-Associated Macular Degeneration Throughout 2 Many years of Potential Comply with-up.” JAMA ophthalmology vol. 133,12 (2015): 1415-24. doi:10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2015.3590 Internet. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5119484/
- Réhault-Godbert, Sophie et al. “The Golden Egg: Dietary Worth, Bioactivities, and Rising Advantages for Human Well being.” Vitamins. March 2019. Internet. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6470839/
- Krinsky, Norman I, and Elizabeth J Johnson. “Carotenoid actions and their relation to well being and illness.” Molecular points of drugs vol. 26,6 (2005): 459-516. doi:10.1016/j.mam.2005.10.001 Internet. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16309738/
- Brouwer-Brolsma, Elske M. et al. “Meals consumption biomarkers for inexperienced leafy greens, bulb greens, and stem greens: a evaluation.” Genes & Vitamin. April 2020. Internet. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7144047/
The submit Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash appeared first on The Betty Rocker.
Leave a Reply